Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Our Nauvoo Trip!


We all had a great week in Nauvoo seeing all of the historical sites, eating a lot of food, playing Bunco, and the all too often trip to Walmart. We missed Keith and Sandra who couldn't be there! Nauvoo is such a small town that we hit up Hotel Nauvoo three times for their yummy buffet! Some of the highlights were visiting Joseph Smith's grave, Carthage Jail, and going to the temple. We all felt the Spirit so strongly there. Each night we had devotionals where we showed mom and dad the video Kyle made for them, the blog, and shared our favorite memories of them. Every night we stayed up talking and sharing stories. I love that each one of us is so different. Our family is made up of so much creativity, sensitivity, spontaneity, intelligence, and love. Mom and Dad we are so grateful for the amazing family you have created and for your love for one another. We had a great time...until we meet again!

P.S. Lance we can't wait to see the family pictures at the temple. Lance and anyone who has good pictures should post them. I will send CDs of mine soon. I didn't include all the pictures I had on the slide show because there were so many but they will be on the CDs.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Navouoo was so much fun. I felt like I was in a time warp with the slower paced scenery there. Everyone really added to the trip and we really appreciate everything everyone did to make Mom and Dad's anniversary truly special! It couldnt have been any better. It truly was perfect!

P.S. Lance thanks for making those Larson tshirts. It really made me proud to be a part of this wonderful family. -Susan

Anonymous said...

Forever Family,

The Family Trip to Nauvoo was awesome! More than one can put into words. Dad and I appreciate all the
effort each one of you made to be there and the various things you did.
From the first moment we were on the airplane and St. Louis and the fun we had at the St. Louis arch and eating afterwards of a quiet street and did you realize it didn't rain until we were at the motel? It seemed that it defintley was a meant to be trip. The car ride to Nauvoo was relaxing. Thanks for the two vans that just held all our luggage. The Hyrum Kimball Inn was perfect. Well I can go on and on. Our family knows how to have a good time. I have the deepest gratitude to you. PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS! We want to hear from you.
LOVE YOU,
MOM
P.S. Grandchildren we want to hear from you too.

Anonymous said...

Hey Fanily....I just wanted to say how wonderful Nauvoo was. I want to go back! Kyle and I were just talking about it. My testimony grew so much there. Just by being in a room where Joseph had time to think for many days about his time here upon the earth. I tried pondering on what he must have thought when he was in Carthidge in that little room. Anyways...I want to thank everyone for their warmth and love and for being who you are. Mom and Dad thank you for making such good memories for all of your children to share. I learned a lot from those stories and it made me want to be a better mother and wife. I came back from Nauvoo a different homemaker. Thank You! I love you all and miss you already. We will be in touch.
With Love, Teara

Lance said...

Lance
Thanks Susan, Shelly,Brent and every one this made mom and dads 50th a great time to rember. good work.... I will post some of those photosasap I will clean them up a bit and post them.
Love you all Lance